Prague is a popular destination for New Year’s celebrations, with a variety of events and parties taking place throughout the city. Some popular options for celebrating New Year’s in Prague include:
- attending a concert or performance at one of the city’s many music venues
- joining in the celebrations at Old Town Square, where a large fireworks display is held at midnight
- heading to a club or bar to dance the night away
- booking a table at a fancy restaurant for a special New Year’s Eve dinner
- attending a traditional Czech New Year’s Eve party, known as Silvestr, at a local hotel or venue
No matter what you choose to do, be sure to make your plans in advance as popular events and venues tend to fill up quickly. It’s also a good idea to book your accommodation as early as possible, as hotel rooms in the city can be in high demand during the New Year’s period.