The Jewish cemetery is located about 750 m northeast of the main square in Slánská, on the slope between Lázeňská and Na Vinici streets. Access to the cemetery is only from Na Vinici Street along a narrow footpath leading between the eastern wall of the communal cemetery and the fenced orchard.
The cemetery was founded in 1881 , previously the Jews of Slán were buried at the cemetery in Blevice. The first burial took place here already in the year of its foundation, and the oldest preserved tombstones are from the same period.
The cemetery has an area of 3188 m², but only 6 rows of tombstones have been preserved – five incomplete rows in the north-south direction and one row along the northern wall. The last burial took place here in 1951. In the middle of the southern wall of the cemetery is the entrance through a functionalist ceremonial hall from 1931–33. A distinctive feature of the ceremonial hall are the circular windows with the Star of David stained glass .
On the sides of the ceremonial hall are two single-story houses – one served as a tahara(a room intended for the ritual purification of remains) and a mortuary chamber, the gravedigger’s apartment in the second. The cemetery is partially on private property and is not accessible to the public . Part of the cemetery with graves belongs to the Jewish religious community.
Slaný Jewish Cemetery
274 01 Slaný
- GPS:50.235532 14.093924
- Region:Central Bohemian Region
- Region:Kladno – Slánsko
- Tips for a trip:Slány and surroundings
Information center SlanýVelvarská 136/1
274 01 Slaný
- Tel.:+420 312 523 448
- GPS:50.231745 14.086942
30min 1 hours would be enough to visit